by Rick Broida @cheapskateblog
Up Next Peter Dinklage takes you on tech's not-too-distant mind warp
CNET's Cheapskate scours the web for great deals on PCs, phones, gadgets and much more. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our FAQ page. And find more great buys on the CNET Deals page.
Saving money is a marathon, not a sprint. It's something you strive for all day, every day. Even if it's only a few dollars here and there, the savings add up. Call it a lifestyle choice, one that's not only practical, but also a little fun. The sport of saving.
As we close out 2016, I thought I'd share some of the best money-saving tips I gathered throughout the year. Just a quick list for your review — in case you missed any!
- How to sync and save your passwords for free
- 4 apps that give your phone a free second number
- How to check out free digital magazines from the library
- Shopping for an Apple product? Save big on refurbs
- Use Microsoft Rewards to score free Amazon or Starbucks gift cards every month
- Get totally free global phone service and messaging
- 3 things you should always do at the online checkout
- Let Billfixers negotiate a lower cable bill for you
- Why you should take another look at WPS Office
- Use Honey to save money on Amazon purchases
And there you have it! If you found any other great ways to save money this year, or recall another how-to tip I forgot to include here, please share in the comments!
Data Privacy Day: Will you ever have control of your personal info?
Twitter wants you to Explore its mobile app
NFL's Antonio Brown back on Facebook Live to 'quiet the noise'
WikiLeaks offers to save climate data from Trump